Date Posted: 2019-11-19-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney supports its military customers with a broad range of expert services designed to be deployed quickly and reliably. It was no mistake that Pratt & Whitney was the first aviation defense contractor during World War II to be awarded the prestigious Army-Navy "E" for Excellence. We have always understood that individual lives and national security depend upon our unflinching support and service of our engines. From on-site overhaul and repair to extensive customer training and support equipment services, to this day we mobilize our full resources in support of the military and its aircraft missions.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- The Military HR Co-op will be responsible for assisting with reporting requests, talent development initiatives, and coordinating HR processes with managers across the organization
- Will develop field site policies, create and deliver presentations to the business on applicable HR topics
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program
- Fields of study:Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or other related field
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in human resources
- Prior HR Co-op or intern experience is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.