Do you want to work for a company that makes a difference in the world? At Unilever, we have a clear purpose - to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our 400 brands reaching 2.5 billion people everyday, we aim to make a positive social impact globally and locally. A job at Unilever means working with purpose in an inclusive and diverse culture. We also offer “All roles flex” and believe in an approach to getting work done that allows any employee to work anytime, from anywhere.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and leading thought leadership and category growth for part of our business within our Home, Beauty and Personal Care portfolio.
Through fully integrated, shopper, customer and channel insights, you will build customer facing category strategies to be deployed across the different customers and channels.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing customer facing category strategies; translating category marketing plans to customer and channel plans
- Analysing and using shopper data to drive insights to support decision making and build customer strategies and stories
- Financial modelling to support decision making
- Bringing the outside world to the country category business team to ensure we have better plans tomorrow than we have today
- Build channel strategies, including traditional and new (E-Com, Omni) channels
- Support innovation decisions and building of NPD business cases
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and functions; including CD, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance
- Lead and own the S&OP Process
- Ensure Range & Space is maximised through customer relationships and range review captaincy
As a Category professional you have skills across Customer Development, Category and Channel development. You use data and analytics to deliver robust story telling that puts the category first. You are independent and like to work autonomously to get the results needed but can easily adapt to the overarching collaborative environment at Unilever.
You must have FMCG experience and ideally have a passion for personal care or laundry brands.
We are a complex matrix organisation so it’s important that you have experience of working in similarly intricate business and can manage multiple internal/ external stakeholders with varying priorities.
Competitive base salary, & annual bonus eligibility along with an agile working environment.
Unilever is a global organization and for top performers we will always strive to retain you in our business developing your career and offering growth opportunities where possible.
We are committed to helping our people be the best that you can be and we are passionate about work/life balance and wellbeing. We offer an agile working environment meaning you can work flexibly from anywhere! We are also committed to promoting and engaging Diversity and Inclusion across the organisation. We offer comprehensive access to learning and development, a performance driven culture and global mobility opportunities.