Machine # 20597/20598 (Profiler -- TF3/4)
Reporting to the Weekend Shift Supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician you will be operating, multi-tasking and running the High Speed Multi-Axis Profilers as well as any other machines as required.
- Perform own set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes)
- Operate a profiler cutting steel, titanium and other alloys.
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes, calculating feed and speeds and performing self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification)
- Document actions in support of quality logs and communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings
- Support and promote continuous improvement in the cell
- Perform other duties and multi-task as assigned
- Previous machining experience working with Profiler and/or Boring Mill machines is required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines within the cell and to work overtime
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Ability and willingness to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Must be willing to work the weekend night shift (Friday to Sunday 6pm to 6am)
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.