India, Hyderabad, DVS, SEZ-1 – Orion B4; FL 7,8,9,11 (Hyderabad - Divyasree 3)
Position : Cloud Engineer
Department : Systems Infrastructure
Location : Hyderabad
Shift Timings : 09:30 AM – 06:30 PM
Recruiter Name : Divya Annam
FactSet combines hundreds of databases into a single, powerful information system. It is a one-stop source for financial information and analytics for business analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers / management firms and other financial professionals to analyze companies, portfolios, markets & economies. FactSet was formed in 1978 and operates out of 46 locations worldwide. FactSet with over $1.1 billion in annual revenues, is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs nearly 9000 people worldwide. Our operations extend within North America as well as Europe and the Pacific Rim. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDS.
CloudOps at FactSet will be responsible for maintaining infrastructure on public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. They contribute significantly to infrastructure best practices and support day to day operations with a bias for managing infrastructure with DevOps practices. The position will work with Cloud Architects, Software Engineers and Systems Administrators to support and deliver Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) at FactSet.
- Provisioning and managing FactSet’s enterprise-level cloud Infrastructure utilized by over 1000 engineers.
- Provide high quality solutions and architectural guidance to application teams moving to cloud focusing on Security, Cost Optimization, Reliability and Performance.
- Adhere and contribute to DevOps models setup by Cloud Architects focusing on Infrastructure Automation and Configuration Management using CI/CD pipelines.
- Take on initiatives for building automation pipelines, services and APIs that will be utilized by other Infrastructure and application teams.
- Applying Modern Cloud Architectural patterns such as Serverless and Container orchestration services whenever required.
- Facilitate application teams and software engineers to leverage FactSet’s cloud platform on AWS and Azure.
- Troubleshooting problems teams are facing with provisioning or accessing their cloud infrastructure.
- Advising engineers on cloud best-practices and providing day-to-day technical and operational support.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience deploying and supporting public cloud Infrastructure or hybrid cloud environments.
- Clear understanding of cloud principles including High Availability, Security, Cost Optimization.
- Implementation experience in both managed and unmanaged services.
- Thorough understanding of access control on Public cloud such as AWS IAM or equivalent.
- Some form of Scripting experience preferably but not limited to Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc..
- Efficiently able to use Cloud SDKs such as Boto3 to interact with Cloud Services and monitor them using tools such as AWS CloudWatch or Grafana.
- Working with Version control systems such as Git and deploying to CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins or Travis.
- Experience in building and deploying Restful services or web applications using languages such as Python or NodeJS. (if from Software Engineering background)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef (if from Systems background).
- Ability to clearly communicate with software engineers as well as project management personnel.
- Being able to learn independently and take on own initiatives when required.
- Bachelor in engineering or equivalent.
- Periodic 24x7 on-call availability.
- Certifications in any of the following:
- AWS Certified Developer, Solutions Architect, Sys Ops
- MCSA Cloud Platform, MCSA Azure Solutions Architect or equivalent cloud certification
- Experience in working with Docker Containers
- Experience in building services using Serverless Architecture (if from software engineering background)
- Experience with EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, VPC, ElastiCache and Cloud Security or equivalent
- Experience with managed code or scripting competency (PowerShell, Python, JSON, and YML)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-disciplined and highly motivated