Norwalk, CT, USA
FactSet makes various data available to our clients via the FactSet workstation or in feeds. Clients include Research Analysts, Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers and Investment Bankers. Traditionally, FactSet Fundamentals has focused on integrating proprietary financial data such as Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow data. Currently, FactSet Fundamentals is adding a significant amount of sector-specific data-sets. Sectors include Banks, Insurance, Real Estate, Utilities, Energy and Technology sectors.
FactSet’s clients access the data through FactSet’ proprietary Query Language (FQL) in Excel or other desktop products. The Financial Data Analyst will help the integration of Fundamentals data from Collection Operations and 3rd party data vendor and works with software developers to create and maintain the FQL language. The Analyst needs to have an understanding how the data is being used by our clients.
- Work with software engineers to implement new databases and improve existing databases, and Product Development to present data insightfully.
- Test the new products thoroughly and make sure proper Quality Control processes are in place.
- Structure and develop FQL formulas to return financial data to meet clients’ needs.
- Become subject matter expert on collected datasets and be able to communicate in depth about content specifics.
- Provide support for clients and use client feedto improve the products.
- Coordinate with various colleagues, clients and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required (e.g. Accounting, Mathematics, Finance)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experiences in financial fields
- Experience with computer langauges and scripts recommended (e.g. Visual Basic, Python, R).
- Ability to work independently and with other teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.