We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, one of the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Equinor is always looking to attract the best and most qualified talents. The world will need a lot more energy and lower emissions in the years to come, and we are determined to be part of the solution. It will be a challenging task but we believe that with the right people, passion and curiosity, it is possible.
Technology, Projects & Drilling (TPD) is accountable for the global project development, well deliveries, research and technology as well as sourcing across Equinor.
Please note that relevant locations for this role are: Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim, Porsgrunn, Rotvoll
We are recruiting students who have different fields of expertise within these areas:
- Subsea, Pipeline & Technology & Operations
- Geotechnics, Marine Hydrodynamics & Operations, Metocean
- Process Technology & Chemical Engineering
- Quality & Risk Management
- Document Management
- Materials Technology
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Engineering Cybernetics
Our summer interns will work on one or multiple tasks during the whole period of your engagement with us. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, work experience and our business needs.
We encourage you to apply if you have one or several of these educational backgrounds:
- Business Administration & Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Data Management / Data Science Engineering
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Engineering Cybernetics & Robotics
- Engineering in Hydrodynamics & Ocean Engineering
- Geographical & Earth Science Engineering
- Geomatics Engineering
- Geophysical Engineering/Survey
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrography Engineering
- Industrial Economics, Technology & Management
- Information Management
- Library and Information Science
- Marine & Offshore Engineering
- Maritime Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Meteorology & Oceanography
- Naval Architecture
- Offshore Engineering
- Physics and Mathematics
- Pipeline Engineering & Installation
- Process Engineering
- Process & Environmental Systems Engineering (Cold Climate Engineering)
- Project Management & Control
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Ship & Offshore Structure
- Structural Engineering & Installation
- Subsea Engineering & Installation
- Survey Engineering
Computer competence/knowledge (optional but will be an advantage):
- ESRI ArcGIS
- ESRI and Oracle database
- Unisim/Unisim Flare
- Knowledge within data processing/data management in various computer/script programming languages.
No more than 1 year of full time relevant experience (please note research under a PhD are not be considered relevant experience)
Have completed at least 2 years of relevant bachelor studies by the time of the commencement of the internship, and are currently enrolled in a relevant study programme
Bachelors or Masters degree with good academic record
Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
- Live our values and adhere to our safety expectations
- High ethical standards
- Good communication skills
- Global mindset
- Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
- Have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments
- Like to work in team
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
A global career kick start. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers across multiple disciplines and geographies; exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of three summer internship adverts. Please state your order of preference and priority regarding discipline and location in each application
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration. Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
- CV/ resume in English
- Cover letter
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
This position could be relevant for other locations. Your exact assignment and location will be decided based on our business needs combined with your interest.
Our values are to be open, collaborative, courageous and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team next summer.
For technical issues and other queries please contact us at GM_internships@equinor.com