At FactSet, we're working to be the best financial data provider on earth.To get there, we need highly motivated, talented individuals who are empowered to find answers through creative technology.
As a Data Science Engineer in Content Engineering, you will be part of our Digital Transformation, a mission to automate our data acquisition, quality assurance, content creation and analytics in a scalable cloud environment.With the guidance of financial experts, you will leverage these large data sets to improve the quality and extend the scope of FactSet's existing and next generation products.
- Ingest and analyze various data sources to drive innovation in content creation.
- Automate the acquisition, relevance scoring and storage of incoming sources.
- Develop processes for data mining, data concordance and data production.
- Explore and evaluate new data technologies to build a scalable, cloud oriented data platform.
- Optimize data retrieval, develop dashboards and other visualizations for financial experts.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 3+ years of working experience in software development
- Experience in data engineering or business intelligence or business analytics
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong experience and proficiency with Python, Pandas, Numpy and AWS APIs
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with modern data platforms such as Spark, Hadoop or other map/reduce big data systems and services
- Experience with a variety of data stores such as ArangoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
- Experience with AWS environment e.g., Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Redshift, EC2, S3, EMR