New York, NY, USA
At FactSet, we're working to be the best financial data provider on earth.To get there, we need highly motivated, talented individuals who are empowered to find answers through creative technology.
As a Data Science Engineer in Content Engineering, you will be part of our Digital Transformation, a mission to automate our data acquisition, quality assurance, content creation and analytics in a scalable cloud environment.With the guidance of financial experts, you will leverage these large data sets to improve the quality and extend the scope of FactSet's existing and next generation products.
- Ingest and analyze various data sources to drive innovation in content creation.
- Automate the acquisition, relevance scoring and storage of incoming sources.
- Develop processes for data mining, data concordance and data production.
- Explore and evaluate new data technologies to build a scalable, cloud oriented data platform.
- Optimize data retrieval, develop dashboards and other visualizations for financial experts.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics
- 2+ years of working experience in software development
- Experience in data engineering or business intelligence or business analytics
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong experience and proficiency with Python, Pandas, Numpy and AWS APIs
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with modern data platforms such as Spark, Hadoop or other map/reduce big data systems and services
- Experience with a variety of data stores such as ArangoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
- Experience with AWS environment e.g., Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Redshift, EC2, S3, EMR
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity