Software Engineer - Digital ExperienceOur story:
The Woolworths Group has been focused on the importance of digital and what we need to do to better serve our customers and to create shopping experiences that are personalised, seamless and convenient. In response to this, we have combined our Digital and Loyalty businesses under the banner of WooliesX.
How we roll:We are helping transform our digital practice and disrupt Woolworths and the market - we’re made up of smart people with smart ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional customer experiences.
We’re resourceful, inventive and willing to experiment; with the autonomy for doing things our way which have a real impact. We’re a new team with a real focus on a great work-life balance.
The position:WooliesX are seeking .NET Software Engineers to join the squads in the Digital Experience Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on consumer facing applications and APIs. Software Engineers work in a team of 3-5 engineers, Technology Lead, a Product Manager, BA and QAs/test engineers to uplift the online platform that powers Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth plans.
In this role you will:
- Develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs, QAs and other engineers.
- Participate in the technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation.
- Help and collaborate with engineers in other squads and tribes and participate in all agile ceremonies.
- Work closely with Tech Leads to design always-on, maintainable, robust, secure systems.
- Help more junior software engineers upskill themselves through guidance, advice and knowledge sharing.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have significant .NET experience either within a large matrix organisation or tech-focused start-up environment. You’re also driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people.
You will have:
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- Have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- Enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Further to this, you will possess the following;
- Excellent .NET skills including C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI and Entity Framework
- Solid experience in Unit Testing Principles and integration testing
- REST APIs
- Strong MS SQL Server including performance optimisation
- Strong experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation
- Strong understanding of web security (OWASP TOP10, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference. We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI