Location: Bentonville, AR
Pay Level: Intern
Duration: Fall 2019 - April 2020
Category Management InternSummary:
We are seeking top talent that has a passion for winning and making a difference. The Intern, Category Management position at The Hershey Company provides the opportunity to work with our customers and build your business acumen.
Your introduction to the consumer products industry and selling will be delivered through real world experiences with exposure to many business functions including sales, logistics, category management, and customer marketing. This internship will be based in our Bentonville, AR. The internship will be 20hrs per week in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Responsibilities:Your daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Category Management team in developing and directing comprehensive programs, plans, and reviews that provide consumer and category-based solutions
- Support development of strategic solutions to achieve sales objectives by utilizing tools and processes to improve item and shelf space optimization, merchandising, pricing and promotion planning
- Develop fact-based analyses of customer business trends utilizing a variety of data
- Analyze competitive assortments, feature pricing and promotional activity
Qualifications:Our interns possess strong analytical, selling and communication skills. In addition, critical thinking, leadership and organizational skills are key. Successful job performance comes from a commitment to generating results.
The qualified, successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and some large data analysis tools (Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft BI)
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Willingness to learn and motivation to succeed
- Previous work experience is a plus
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Student Classification: Junior or Senior graduating May of 2020
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans