License Masters Mental Health Professional Child PsychiatrySubmit InterestRemove from Favorites Location Fresno, CAAdditional Locations:
Description:Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual members treatment program.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member's family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to other care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine.
- May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is completed.
- May provide appropriate support to member's family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to include referral of the member and/or member's family to external resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
Master's degree in Social Work, Social Welfare from a clinical track, Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field required from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist in the State of California or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with the State of California approval by the Board of Behavioral Science.
Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI, prior to employment start date.
Additional Requirements:Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications:Previous post license, experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient or inpatient setting/program under licensed supervision.
Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities, preferred.
Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic, preferred.
Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner, preferred.
Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans, preferred.
Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy, preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Able to enjoy and work at an energetic, and fast-paced level.
- Understands components of medical necessity, and how to discuss this comfortably with patients.
- Ability to do initial psychiatric assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Skills include ability to diagnosis, do crisis interventions, family and individual therapy, and group psychotherapy.
- Committed to multi-modal treatment mode and has knowledge and skill to evaluate and develop effective treatment plans.
- Experience and knowledge of DBT is preferred.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
INTERNAL POSTING PERIOD: Starts 12:00AM 04/26/2019 - Ends 12:00AM 05/01/2019
Primary Location: California,Fresno,Fresno Medical Offices I - First St. 4785 N. FirstScheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon/Wed: 8:00am-7:00pm, Thu: 8:00am-6:30pm, Fri: 7:30am-5:00pmWorking Hours Start: See ScheduleWorking Hours End: See ScheduleJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: NUHWJob Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Behavioral / Mental HealthDepartment: Mental HealthTravel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements > Submit Interest