Job Description - AMO Technician (1911787)
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Supported by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company positions minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying innovations from other industries to progress its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opportunity for multiple AMO Technicians within our Wireline Services function, the roles are to be located in Aberdeen, UK. This advertisement is part of a recruitment campaign to identify candidates for roles matching the description within this advert, as such it is part of a rolling recruitment campaign for which several further roles may be available across grades from 1 to 5.
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electronic and mechanical assemblies.
- Review procedures for assembly, disassembly and test verification accuracy.
- Configure test stations and systems.
- Analyse and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems. Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Assist in the set-up of experiments and the recording of experimental data in collaboration with Engineering and Reliability groups.
- Test and evaluate the performance, and if required, repair general purpose test equipment. Provide supervision, mentorship and leadership of technicians in the absence of the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs.
- Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Provide coaching for other Technicians.
- Assist in the preparation, development and enhancement of maintenance procedural documentation.
- Evaluate maintenance processes for potential improvements in quality, reliability, turnaround times and costs.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Part of an on call rota team.
- Technical diploma
- Strong experience in maintenance of Electromechanical Open Hole Logging Tools is essential
- Strong experience of Electromechanical Works of Dowhole Tools; Wireline, Seismic & Cased Hole is essential
- Considerable experience with Baker Hughes tools is essential.
- Proficient reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices is essential.
- Ability to read and understand the English language is essential.
- Proficient in the use of basic and advanced electrical test equipment.
- Expert level of analytical ability to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Expert skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Demonstrate systematic approach to troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team Leadership Skills.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Ability to lead team in accomplishing defined maintenance goals.
- Able to complete special assigned projects.
- Advanced computer skills.
Locations:Barclayhill Place, Portlethen, Aberdeen
Salary CompetitiveClosing Date for Applications: 16th June 2019
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location:Europe-United Kingdom-Aberdeen City-ABERDEEN