Job Description - Service Bureau Engineer I (0054GS)
Service Bureau Engineer I-0054GS
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is responsible for deploying and supporting advanced analytics and remote services within the US Service Bureau. The role involves configuring diagnostics for building automation systems, reviewing results from the underlying analytics, and working with customers to resolve deficiencies that have been identified. The Service Bureau works to help customers have high performing buildings, and supports a national group of branches and partners who perform complementary on-site services.
What do you get to do in this position?To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Implement remote connectivity platform.
- Implement Schneider Electric analytics platforms remotely on customer systems.
- Analyze analytics platform results and make recommendations to repair and optimize customer HVAC systems.
- Provide remote triage to respond to customer emergencies or monitored alarms.
- Prioritize analytics findings based on comfort, maintenance concerns, and energy waste.
- Prepare and deliver reports to customers with recommendations to address system issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Identify energy conservation measures and analyze energy usage to maximize savings.
- Analyze and optimize building automation systems.
- Perform remote preventive maintenance tasking and remote condition-based maintenance support.
- Train end users on analytics platform use.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job might be for you if:
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each qualification subsection.
- Recent graduate: Four-year degree in engineering discipline or computer science, or equivalent related work experience.
- Zero to two years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of building systems and energy use
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external Customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- The majority of the work is sedentary.However, when performing job site visits the employee will encounter: moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items.Transporting of items such as laptop computers, tools, ladders and other heavy equipment; driving an automobile, etc.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general office environment.During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises.Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.This job will require approximately 0 - 15% travel to project sites.Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.