Imagine the smile on the face of your colleague when starting up in the morning and finding the perfect digital workspace, based on the latest Microsoft technologies, for them to do their work. You as a DevOps Engineer make it possible by using your expertise and communication skills to build and maintain technical workplace solutions so that our colleagues can work anywhere, anytime.
As a DevOps engineer, you can make the difference; Base Workplace and Applications provides IT infrastructure and platforms that enable all employees of the Rabobank to access their applications and data to do their work. This directly contributes to our “Always on” Strategy by enabling secure working anytime, anywhere.
… Doing so in Base Workplace & Applications department
Rabobank is one of the largest IT employers in the Netherlands and the IT Infrastructure division delivers stable, high quality, secure and cost-efficient infrastructure solutions for Rabobank’s businesses around the globe. We deliver many services across the data center, workplace, network and security areas to support approximately 40,000 employees in more than 25 countries.
Base Workplace and Applications operate in IT Infrastructure and is part of the Workplace Services department. There are three teams within Base Workplace and Applications and you will start at Core Services:
- Application Services: Build, test and deploy applications and updates so that applications are available on workplaces when and where they are required;
- Client Computing: Provide the global workstation build/configuration of W10, hardware standards, virtual workstations, Citrix hosting (and portals), printing.
- Core Services: Provide critical services behind the scenes that enable users and systems to connect securely to the network. This includes authentication/AD (active directory), Intune/SCCM, file services, and workstation security.
- The BWA department works with self-organizing DevOps teams. Each team is responsible for a specific service our colleagues are using. Note that the main location is in Zeist but the department will be moving location by the end of 2019.
Create an impact
As a junior DevOps engineer, you are actively involved in infrastructural matters and new developments in the field of Base workplace & Applications. You contribute significantly to the development and optimization of the application. You will be working in different teams as a DevOps engineer to learn about several services within the department and after 18 months you will have the opportunity to start in one of the teams that would best fit your capabilities.
- You help to solve the issues our colleagues experience with our services by completing incidents and requests on the service management tooling;
- You participate in one DevOps team that is responsible for developing and supporting a specific product or Service, completing tasks from the team backlog;
- You communicate with end users, and are responsible for solving in-depth technical issues together with your team;
- You tackle business and IT challenges to determine possibilities for one or more of our products;
With each other
The DevOps teams currently consist of 80 professionals: Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and DevOps engineers. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team within Base Workplace & Application to develop and support functions for our colleagues all over the world. In one moment, you will be helping a colleague to do their daily business, and, on another moment, you are helping to build new, future-proof infrastructure for the bank.
With your talents
In order to achieve this, we expect that you:
- Have knowledge and/or experience with Agile, Lean and/or ITIL;
- Have a technical background and know the basics about IT;
- Have the ability to script/code – e.g. PowerShell;
- Hold MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) certification or be willing to learn;
- Are accurate, result driven, pro-active and be a true team player with good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Are eager to learn new techniques;
- Are capable of handling time pressure and deadlines;
- Are also able to say “no” if the requirements do not fit the given boundaries;
You probably knew already that, Rabobank is a financial service provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Do you also know that we are working together for a better world? That’s a statement Rabobank makes. We do this in several ways. Recent years, we have undertaken the following:
- We find it important that everyone in the Netherlands has a financially healthy life. Within our products and services, we also provide an online housekeeping book, so that we help our customers and clients to get a better grip on their finances.
- We invest heavily in Dutch associations each year. We support around 1250 organizations in sports and culture that results in a second home for many people.
It sounds impressive, doesn’t it?
Our Young Professional Program IT
Are you getting excited by this opening? Would you be even more interested, if we tell you that you can also focus on your personal growth and with your fresh ideas make an impact on the future of our digital bank?
Join the Young Professional Programme IT and besides working as a Software Developer, you get an 18-month program where you carry out challenging projects and get personal and professional development training. We will help you discover your strengths and challenge you to evolve further. We teach you to form an independent opinion, but also to experience the value of cooperation. With 9 other program members within IT, you get to also challenge the status quo.
To know more about the program: https://rabobank.jobs/en/programs/young-professional-programme-it/
If you are interested in this program, specify your interest for the Young Professional Programme IT in your application!