(Procurement) Sourcing Analyst Product
Date: May 15, 2019
Location: Apodaca, NLE, MX, 66634
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
New Global Finished Product Sourcing -Sourcing Analyst Product (LAR NORTH Global Business Operations)
Day to Day (what a typical day or week looks like in this role)
- Daily project management of established launch plan for assigned finished products.
- Participate in project and leadership meetings.
- Resolve launch readiness situations and prepare/ensure cost, schedule, and quality objectives are achieved.
- Interact and visit the manufacturing plants as needed to work with the project team.
- Travel to suppliers for face to face reviews and readiness discussions.
- Implement cost and quality changes to existing models to achieve performance and cost objectives.
- Balance activities for multiple projects to ensure all priorities and key objectives are met.
- Validate and issue capital and expense expenditures (tooling and equipment).
- Consult Senior Specialists with complex situations to insure the project plans and mitigate risks
What You Will Do
- Manage launch, cost, and quality projects throughout product lifecycles to achieve unit cost targets, quality targets, and maintain program timing for assigned commodities.
- Develop detailed action plan for each supplier to meet project deliverables
- Coordinate internal deliverables to suppliers – demand planning, design, quality, targets.
- Track and evaluate supplier activities against their launch plan.
- Monitor supplier quality deliverables.
- Validate, kick-off, and track supplier capital & tooling.
- Lead & coordinate day-to-day activities during the new model transition process for the supplier and work with truly GLOBAL internal team – Global Buyers, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing.
- Monitor and track key performance indicators for assigned commodities.
.What You Need To Succeed
- 2-3 years experience in procurement or sourcing with four-year degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrate use of project management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate and use conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with global internal process partners and suppliers.
- Manage ambiguity via strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and business acumen.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple key activities and competing priorities.
- On path to developing technical capability to become a subject matter expert.
- Ability to drive results through others.
Endless OpportunitiesWhirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, Social Media, Supply, Buyer, Operations, Engineering, Marketing