Mfg. Systems Tech, Findlay Operations
Date: Mar 14, 2019
Location: Findlay, OH, US, 45840
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 31346
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
- Work with the various departments to support and upgrade the division's manufacturing software and systems under the leadership of the manufacturing systems group.
General Quality Responsibilities
- You will be responsible with ensuring your work is completed on-time and satisfactory with the customer.
Tools & Equipment
- Computer workstations and servers, programming software, large displays, networking equipment and general office equipment.
- Proficient at using a PC with Microsoft Windows XP/7 and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Google Suite
- Working knowledge of WMCS, PATS, or MiniBill
- Basic programming experience with VisualBasic, HTML, or databases
Essential FunctionsMust be able to use advance shop mathematics, read highly complicated drawings, use a variety of measuring devices and a broad use of specialized training.
- Attend periodic meetings with each department to learn about projects/events that will require support.
- Manage projects via a project tracking system, report progress and any help needed
- Analyze existing programs to determine functions and data sources
- Document existing software and systems with flowcharts and maps
- Determine possible improvements and present your ideas during small group meetings
- Understand customer requirements and concerns
- Develop software fixes or new applications and simulate on test computers
- Conduct trials of any new systems or modifications and gain customer approval
- Implement changes and support system during startup. Modify working hours to support.
- Monitor systems and constantly strive to improve through feedback
- Attend training sessions on systems and software. Attempt to stay updated on latest technologies.
Must work the required number of hours as required by department, shift and position.
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Social Media, Developer, Testing, Operations, Marketing, Technology