Job Description - Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Summer 2019 (00586X)
Manufacturing Engineering Intern - Summer 2019-00586X
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Work with other members of the team to evaluate lean processes
- Collaborate with other employees and managers to gain a working understanding of the facility operations and to gain a robust understanding of the needs of the repair operations in order to apply knowledge in creation of time standards and scheduling for new materials providing and handling position
- Apply classroom theory to a real world application in a manufacturing/repair setting
- Work independently while partnering with the onsite manufacturing engineers and support staff
- Work in a fast-paced, fun, and inclusive environment while gaining exposure and experience in manufacturing engineering and project management
- This is a 40-hour per week, 12-week summer internship
- Drive ownership & accountability to project activities for key team members
Do you have these key experiences and qualifications?
- Completed your sophomore or junior year in college
- Enrollment in Engineering program: Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical
- The ability to influence and convince yet maintain and open mind to other ideas and approaches
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, and presentation skills
- The ability to accept and incorporate constructive criticism
- local candidates preferred as this role will not offer relocation
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.